Recreation – value and promote:
- Benefits of recreation
- Benefits of the Profession
- Benefits of the Professional
Professional Development (Life Long Learning) – continued growth and development, updating of education.
Networking – linking professionals to each other and stakeholders.
Leadership – in the field, for the professionals, S.A.R.P. is seen as a leader, progressive.
Educational Standards – standard for all professionals.
Diversity – value varied perspectives within the field, membership is diverse.
Advocacy – advocator for the profession, united voice.
Cooperation/partnerships – cooperative approach, resource sharing
Member Driven – responsive to member needs
Professional – conduct, code of ethics
Open Communication – with members and stakeholders
Support – the efforts of professionals to provide quality leisure services
- Development of Standards: The creation and adoption of professional standards ensures our members are capable of providing high quality recreation services in Saskatchewan.
- Advocacy: The Association will advocate on behalf of its members to raise the awareness of the profession and the value of having a recreation professional supporting a community.
- Professional Development: The Association will create opportunities for its members to continue their professional education, thereby, maintaining and improving their professional skills.