Programs & Services
Below are brief outlines of the current programs and services provided for S.A.R.P. members.
The S.A.R.P. offers support to its members through a number of programs and services. Three of our primary supports to members are:
The Education Assistance Grant:
Is available to individual members for funding to further develop their knowledge, skills and abilities through attending conferences, workshops, and post-secondary education classes.
The Professional Development Grant:
Has been established to provide opportunities for members to access financial assistance to host conferences, workshops and seminars in their community. These opportunities will relate specifically to the critical skills, knowledge and abilities needed by the recreation professional.
The Roy Ellis Bursary:
Is provided annually to a student in at least their second year of a leisure-related post secondary program that includes recreation, sport, and culture. It acknowledges the contributions made by Mr. Roy Ellis to the leisure services field in Saskatchewan.
The Awards Program is an opportunity to celebrate the successes of our membership. It shows the province that we value recreation professionals and the work they do. It also gives professionals recognition for their accomplishments and receiving an award adds to the resume. The Awards are presented annually in conjunction with the S.A.R.P. AGM. The following is a list of the award categories:
Honorary Life Member
Employer Professional Development Award
Annual Achievement Award Awarded for Achievement in the previous year in two categories:
Student Leadership Award
The mentor program is…
An opportunity for students and professionals to be matched for one academic year,
Is an avenue for career and professional development for both the student and the mentor.
The mentor program provides an opportunity for students to network, exchange ideas and gain knowledge from a professional specializing in their area of interest. It is also an opportunity for both the mentor and student to:
- Meet Professional and Student members in the recreation field
- Learn and discuss innovative ideas
- Discuss career and personal development strategies
Mentor Program Brochure
S.A.R.P. currently offers 2-3 professional development workshops yearly with discounts for
Strategic Services for 2010 - 2012:
- Development of Standards: The creation and adoption of professional standards ensures our members are capable of providing high quality recreation services in Saskatchewan.
- Advocacy: The Association will advocate on behalf of its members to raise the awareness of the profession and the value of having a recreation professional supporting a community.
- Professional Development: The Association will facilitate opportunities for its members to continue their professional education, thereby, maintaining and improving their professional skills.
For more information and application forms, please visit our members only section.